Re: Questions about i386-elf-gcc

> Ezequiel Conde wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have built a coss-compile tools chain for i386-elf according to
 http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/tools/win-i386-elf.html instructions.

I presume you are intending to use this with eCos rather than a "general
purpose" compiler?

> I did some experiences and, in general, they work well. But I found three
> differences relatively to the documentation, and I don't now if it is a
> feature or it is a bug.

What documentation? You mention GNUPro documentation, but that does not
cover the i386-elf toolchain so what exactly do you mean?

> 1º - The symbols marked with extern "C", produced by the compiler, don't
> have underscore.

Indeed they should not.

> 2º - The main function don't call __main at the beginning.

Indeed it shouldn't. It happens that way on some targets, but not i386-elf.

> 3º - When using exceptions, and when an exception is threw, the function
> terminate is always called. The catch construct never acts.

Don't know about that :-/. You would need to debug more.

Jifl