SDS debugger and gcc

Hi everybody,

I've got a small problem here... seems that the fromelf utility isn't able
to recognize debugging symbols produced by gcc using its -g switch.  How can
I get around this very annoying situation, is there some kind of patch that
one can apply to gcc or is there any utility that produce the format that
fhe fromelf utility can understand. If no such utility exist anyone is
willing to try to write one, I can help for sure on this one.

Any hints appreciated...