Re: cross compiler Sparc-Solaris -> PowerPc

Paul Andrews wrote:

> > I don't know why gcc is trying to configure libchill.  As far
> > as I know this
> > shouldn't happen if you configure with
> > --enable-languages="c".  I think this is
> > your problem.  Please double check the spelling of
> > enable-languages="c" to make
> > sure there is no typo error.  If this is OK, then I would
> > suggest removing the
> > libchill directory or just renaming it to something else.
>
> I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that --enable-languages is deprecated
> and that issuing make cross will decide what to build these days (i.e. in
> 2.95.2). Can anyone confirm this?

I copied this from the gcc.gnu.org web site
(http://gcc.gnu.org/install/configure.html).

--enable-languages=lang1,lang2,... -- Specify that only a particular subset of
compilers and their runtime libraries should be built. For a list of valid values
for langx you can issue the following command in the gcc directory of your GCC
source tree:

       grep language= */config-lang.in

       Currently, you can use any of the following: CHILL, c++, f77, java and
objc. Please note, that this switch does not work with EGCS 1.1.2 or older
versions of egcs. It will be supported in GCC 2.95 and newer version.  If you do
not pass this flag, all languages available in the gcc sub-tree will be
configured.  Re-defining LANGUAGES when calling make bootstrap *does not* work
anymore, as those language sub-directories might not have been configured!

Brendan Simon.