Re: -g and -O2

>Does throwing -g on the gcc command line affect optimization in any way?
>Is there any reason at all not to use -g even in release builds of
>embedded code where only the .text and .data sections will get burned
>into flash anyway?  Thanks for your thoughts...

Nope.

I've released embedded code with -g, and it makes .elf file a lot
larger with the .stabs section added in, but it doesn't change the
code in the .text segment.  What's really nice is that I can attach
gdb to the product and debug/verify any problems that (hopefully
don't) show up.

--
Peter Barada                             pbarada@wavemark.com
Wizard                                   781-852-2768 (direct)

"Real men know that you should never attempt to accomplish with words
what you can do with a flame thrower" --Bruce Ferstein