From: Alagu Sankar <alagu@nettaxi.com>
To: crossgcc@sourceware.cygnus.com <crossgcc@sourceware.cygnus.com>
Date: Thursday, March 30, 2000 3:17 PM
Subject: i386-elf/coff cross build

Hi all,

I am in the process of building cross compiler tools for intel 386 embedded target with a custom RTOS.  Has anybody succeded in installing the i[3456]-elf or i[3456]-coff gcc cross compilers with linux or windows(cygwin) host. I'm seeing lot of failure stories in building i386 cross tools in the mailing list

I am using gcc-2.95.2 with newlib-1.8.2.  I am able to build bin utils for i386-coff successfully. But when i try to install gcc i am getting the follwoing errors (I tried with both cygwin and linux host but the result is same).  Any help in solving the problem is very much appreciated.

_ffsdi2
_udiv_w_sdiv
_udivmoddi4
_cmpdi2
_ucmpdi2
_floatdidf
/tmp/ccQYtSN7.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccQYtSN7.s:113: Error: Alignment not a power of 2
make[1]: *** [libgcc2.a] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/alagu/buildx86/buildgcc/gcc'
make: *** [cross] Error 2

I was successfull in creating powerpc-eabi and arm-coff for both the host and obviously i follow the same procedure for building i386-coff also.

I have got one more question. Does anybody know, like.. what are the issues in using gcc with a custom developed RTOS (not RTEMS or eCos) and its own C library routines for am embedded target.

Thanx in anticipation

Alagu Sankar