Re: crossgcc debug with HP emulator

>From: "Steve deRosier" <sderosier@vari-lite.com>

>I am having problems creating code with my crossgcc that works
>properly with the HP emulator that we are using.  [...] [I] can't
>seem to get the source code to be displayed in the emulator window
>when debugging.

Whose emulator software are you using?  I know you said "HP emulator", but
IIRC, HP isn't doing the front-end software for their emulators anymore (at
least that's what they told me when I bought my emulator a couple of years
ago).

I used SingleStep with an HP emulator & m68k-elf for a 68360 system.
Getting source-level debugging working did take some effort, but
unfortunately that was at another company, and I don't have my notes
anymore.  I think I had to use -gdwarf (which, I think, meant I had to
change some configuration stuff when I built gcc; look through the archives
(here and egcs) from about 2 years ago and you may see some messages from me
on the subject).

Hope this helps.
--
John Breen