the Gcc and GTK to do the cross compiling

Dear All:
   Now I am doing the cross compiling with the Gcc on GTK for ARM.
   I make the one project with the system building tools

   autoscan
   aclocal
   autoconf
   automake
  and then
 ./configure
  make
  make install
  all of these step are right for PC(intel).
  Next I want to do the cross compiling on pc for ARM.
  I change the way to
  export CC=
  and add the path including the arm-linux-gcc and gtk-config to PATH
  ./configure
  here I could not get the Makefile which use the "arm-linux-gcc `gtk-config --libs --cflags`"
  what is the way?