Re: What's the difference between m68k-coff and m68k-elf ABI?

1.m68k-coff just means the toolchain can compile sources code to
object(machine) code in coff format default. The code generated by m68k-coff
can easily transfer to m68k-elf by a program named objdump.
2.the file in the directory named elf doesn't mean only for elf.
3.I'm not familiar with glibc, but start.s could be some initial code only
and is target dependent.
The coff of the m68k-coff is only the format of object files that will
produced by toolchain. Which format do you want to choose is dependent on
the framework of your target or just personal interesting.