Re: Build Powerpc-motorola-ebi cross compiler error/gcc-2.95.2/Solaris8

Ramesh Veema wrote:

> Iam  trying to build a CROSS-GCC compiller for  powerpc-motorola-eabi
> and I am getting  "C compiler cannot create executables";

 This subject has been handled many times on this list... Please search the
archive.

 The "C compiler cannot create executables" is one of these eternal questions of
philosophy about what the '--target=....' really means, for instance whether
the 'powerpc-eabi' and 'm68k-coff' should be targets for which some executables
can be created without first adding the linker script, glue library etc. for some
supported target board... Why 'arm-elf', 'mn10300-elf', 'sh-elf' etc. then have
default target boards but these and 'mips*-elf' etc. don't...

 The quick advice is to use 'make CFLAGS="-mads -O"' or something as sane (on the
contrary what the option option claims it is meant for sane persons using the ADS
board stuff, linker script & glue library, as a workaround, as a temporary 'real
target' ;-) to get the libiberty and libstdc++ built.

Cheers, Kai