RE: gcc compile

Am Fre, 19 Jan 2001 schrieben Sie:
> Hi Jens,
>
>   To the best of my knowledge there is only a ppc target simulator for gdb.
> I don't know what you are referring to when you say "Thatīs why the code
> crashes on the simulator"; is it that you have an ARM simulator that is
> separate from the GNU software, maybe a commercial product?

It is build in the arm-elf-gdb, so itīs free. The simulator may come
from Berkely university, but I am not sure. I compiled newlib
with
newlib_cflags="${newlib_cflags} -DARM_RDI_MONITOR"
turned off in configure.host. It still does make a call to angel
while doing
pStack     = new int[stackSize];
in "libcfunc.c" , abort:

-	0x201c864	<abort>:		mov	r12, sp
-	0x201c868	<abort+4>:		stmdb	sp!, {r11, r12, lr, pc}
-	0x201c86c	<abort+8>:		sub	r11, r12, #4	; 0x4
-	0x201c870	<abort+12>:		mov	r3, #131072	; 0x20000
-	0x201c874	<abort+16>:		add	r3, r3, #34	; 0x22
-	0x201c878	<abort+20>:		mov	r2, #24	; 0x18
-	0x201c87c	<abort+24>:		mov	r0, r2
-	0x201c880	<abort+28>:		mov	r1, r3
-	0x201c884	<abort+32>:		swi	0x00123456
-	0x201c888	<abort+36>:		mov	r2, r0
-	0x201c88c	<abort+40>:		ldmdb	r11, {r11, sp, pc}

(Can anybody have a look at the compiling output? Couldnīt find "rdi" or "angel"
in it anymore)

At the moment, I write my own memory allocator. I want to disable my monitor
program on the target in the final version of the RTOS that I am porting at the
moment. I still hope just to use new int[stackSize]; , leaving the "dirty work"
to newlib.

Jens-Christian