crossgcc directory tree

Hi,

I have an intro-level question. Maybe you guys can help.

I am trying to build crossgcc on a linux host for an ARM target. And my question here is about the directory tree of the final products of the build, i.e, gcc, as, ld, etc.

I found different installation-guides were targeting at different directory trees. For example, some seems to be assuming the structure like this:
/usr/local/TARGET/bin/as
while, some looks like this:
/usr/local/bin/TARGET-as

I was cross-referencing between different guides, and unfortunately was not aware of that at the beginning. Now my tree looks like a mess.

I was wondering:
1. Could you please provide a brief picture of your working crossgcc directory tree?
2. If I set target=my_target, and prefix=/usr/local, what will the final tree look like? I guess it will look like:
/usr/local/my_target/bin/...

Thanks a lot.

Tian Ling
------ Want more information? See the CrossGCC FAQ, http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/ Want to unsubscribe? Send a note to crossgcc-unsubscribe@sourceware.cygnus.com