Re: Getting Closer

Mark Palmerino wrote:

> I did modify the specs file to reference the rm_rom.ld file I found and I
> tried to compile the rm_crt0.S file I found.  I could not compile it. I
> received the following error:
>
> m68k-coff-gcc -s rm_crt0.S
> /usr/local/m68k-coff/bin/ld: cannot open rm_crt0.o: No such file or
> directory

 The '-s' means 'strip the executable', while the '-S' means 'compile into
assembly'... In this case the '-c', 'compile into object' would have been
the right option. Getting and reading the GCC-manual is recommended...

> So, with the changes I made, a compilation is looking for the very file I'm
> trying to create. I don't quite know what to do...
>
> So, I thought, well there is the .o file that exists under windows, perhaps
> that will work. So I brought it over and put it in the directory that I'm
> working in and issued the following command:
>
> m68k-coff-gcc -oformat=srec -o hello hello.c
>
> and this produced an S-record file.

 But was it CPU32-code ?  Using the '-mno-bitfield -msoft-float' could be
quite the same as the '-m68332'. The '-m68020' is the default, so:

 m68k-coff-gcc -mno-bitfield -msoft-float -oformat=srec -o hello hello.c

> I downloaded this to the board, hit reset, and got the following:
>
> Booting from address $90010
>
> Exception: F-line

 Perhaps an illegal m68020-instruction caused this...

Cheers, Kai