Re: couldn't build cross newlib, please help

Tian Ling wrote:

>      Hello,
>
>      I was trying to build cross complier on my linux host. I built cross binutils and cross gcc, and I guess they worked because I was able to do a "TARGET-gcc -c".
>
>      However, it seems that I just couldn't build newlib for my target. Following are some details:
>
>      0. Directories:
>      newlib-1.9.0/ build-newlib/
>
>      1. Variables:
>      target=sparc-sun-sunos4.1.1

You didn't say before that your target was a SunOS box. In that case you
*don't* want to use newlib (and indeed cannot, hence the problem it gave
you :-)).

Instead, when you configure gcc you need to use --with-headers to point it
at a copy of the headers from your SunOS box (in /usr/include), and
--with-libs to point it at a copy of the appropriate libraries from your
SunOS box (in /lib).

Jifl