specs file location

Hi all,

How does gcc determine where to get the 'specs' file from. I have scoured
the usal places (FAQ, mail archives, except the source) and cannot find an
answer to this.

I have copied a xgcc installation from my normal win98/cygwin development
machine to an NT box and am having some trouble.
I have noticed that when gcc starts it is using the 'builtin specs' rather
than the one for my target m68K-coff. Maybe I am missing an important
registry entry or environment variable (though I have done some checking
into these).

Any help appreciated
Dave.