RE: Cross compilation on Sparc/Solaris for Intel/Linux?

  This isn't true, or shouldn't be:  gcc ought to produce exactly the
same binaries no matter what platform the compiler is hosted on.  If there
is any difference between the output of native and cross gcc for a platform,
it is because of a bug, and not any fundamental limitation of the compiler.

  You can safely use a cross-compiler for production purposes without
having to worry.  After all, that's how us embdedded programmers work all
the time!

       DaveK
--
 All your base are belong to us!