RE: Unrecognized option '-G'

Hi,

I build the bin utils. I too doubt the PATH settings are not proper in my
case. I'll explain what I have did.

I build my binutils fromt he director structure /tmp/build/binutils. The
below directories are created in /tmp/build/binutils.

[.]             [..]            configure.out   [mips-elf]      [intl]
config.cache    [libiberty]     [opcodes]       [bfd]           [binutils]
[ld]            [gas]           [etc]

In this binutils directory have:
size.exe		objcopy.exe
objdump.exe		addr2line.exe
ar.exe		readelf.exe
strings.exe		nm-new.exe
ranlib.exe		strip-new.exe
cxxfilt.exe

And gas directory consists: gasp-new.exe and as-new.exe
And ld directory consists: ld-new.exe

PATH set in the cygwin is:

"/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32:/cygdrive/c/WINNT:/
cygdrive/c/PROGRA~1/TCL/bin:/cygdrive/c/NETMANAG.32:/cygdrive/c/vitesse/sdk3
.1/bin/win32:"

Do I have to copy all the exec above mentioned in to the /usr/local/bin...
OR do I have to do something else to make the gcc build work.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Mani