From: Richard Earnshaw [mailto:rearnsha@arm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2001 5:52 AM
To: John Andrews
Cc: Crossgcc; Richard.Earnshaw@arm.com
Subject: Re: cygwin arm-elf-linux gcc build failure

> Hi All,
>
> I've made it past a number of cross gcc build errors based on the sage
> advice (both to myself and others) from the ubergeeks of this list. Many
> Thanks!
>
> But now I'm stumped again. After rereading all of the archives, FAQs and
> assorted web pages I can't get a clue regarding this one.
>
> Binutils built and installed without incident using the default
destination.

> The gcc build is now making it to libgcc2 and barfs on something in
> gthr-posix.h. I've tried running dos2unix CRLF -> CR converter on just
this
> file, and also on all of the headers. The converted file sizes are the
same
> as the preconverted and it doesn't change the error.

I suspect the problem is that you are trying to use newlib with a Linux
target.  Linux builds demand more than the newlib headers provide and so
you are running into problems.  If you want a linux target, then you will
need to obtain glibc and build with that.  If you want newlib, then I
suggest you use a more appropriate cross configuration, such as plain
"arm-elf".

Richard.