RE: cygwin arm-elf-linux gcc build failure

  I think it's the hacker (in the archaic sense of the word) ethic!

>I've run the CRLF to CR conversion (thanks David Korn!):
>
>find . -type f -exec dos2unix {} ';'

  When I try this command at the shell, I have to escape those curly braces
with \ or it doesn't work (and I also escape rather than quote the semi
colon):

 find . -type f -exec dos2unix \{\} \;

so are you *sure* that it worked properly for you, because...

>arm-elf-gcc  -Wall -Os -fno-builtin -nostdinc  -Dlinux -D__linux__
>-I../../inclu
>de -I/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/arm-elf/2.95.2/include -I.
>-D__LIBC__   -DNDEBUG
>-D
>__HAS_NO_MMU__ -c __assert.c -o __assert.o
>Assembler messages:
> for reading.open
>: No such file or directory

...that reallly says 'bad line end' to me.  I also notice that you are
building in the source directory.  If it's possible to build uLibc in a
separate source directory, then maybe you should give it a go that way,
and use a cygwin textmode mount point to reference the source code instead.

      DaveK
--
 All your base are belong to us!

the system manager.