Re: Difference in assemble language

> Hi Richard,
>
> I have just come to the knowledge that i cannot use files from ARM STD when
> i am building an application with GNU-tools. After i corrected the below
> problem a lot of other problem appeared. It seams that i have two option.
> One is to re-write the cstartup_angel.s that i am trying to assemble so it
> complies with GNU tools. The other is to find a project that is up and
> running and take the startup-file from there. Do you know of any such
> project?

You could look at the startup files that come with Newlib, or those that
come with ecos.  Both of those should work with GAS.

> Currently i am setting up an AT91 EB40 board with all its registers
>
> As to the below mail I tried with the following:
>
> arm-elf-as -o cstartup_angel.o cstartup_angel.S
>
> .....but unfortunately i got the same errors i.e

Some of the errors are the same (those referring to unrecognized
directives).  But the real instructions are recognized now :-)

> Isn't there a GNU assembler that can take an ARMASM-file as an input?

No.  Unfortunately the syntax is so radically different that it would be
completely non-trivial to write a parser for GAS that could handle it.
(so there's a challenge for someone ;-).