RE: GCC compiler collection

Mani,

> If I want to make only a 'C' compiler for new architecture (I
> mean porting
> GCC to new platform). In that case, If I take all the source
> code of GCC
> (which supports C/C++ etc languages), intern it increase my
> source code size
> of my 'C' compiler for new architecture and makes the maintenance bit
> complex. Is not it !!.

I *think* that the language parser translate in an intermedate
format (that describe what happens, without being C, nor yet assembly,
and should be easily translatable to any assembly), so that the
actual language you are using wouldn't make a difference.

But I really have no experience in porting to a new architecture,
I am just a mere user of existing ones, so don't take my word
on it... sorry I can't help

Y.