Re: Multi-architecture installation

OAR distributes RPMs for the GNU/Linux hosted cross
binutils, gcc, newlib, and gdb to target about
a dozen architectures.  You might want to
check out our source RPMs for the specs.  We have
any arrangement where there is a base RPM that
includes files shared by all targets, then each
target CPU has the CPU specific files in another
RPM.  We even take this approach with the optional
languages in the full gcc distribution.

binutils and gdb are build separately but gcc and newlib
are built at the same time.  Here is an example from
the RTEMS Getting Started Manual:

The following is a sample session illustrating the installation of a
C/C++ toolset targeting the SPARC architecture.

     rpm -i rtems-base-binutils-2.9.5.0.24-1.i386.rpm
     rpm -i sparc-rtems-binutils-2.9.5.0.24-1.i386.rpm
     rpm -i rtems-base-gcc-gcc2.95.2newlib1.8.2-7.i386.rpm
     rpm -i sparc-rtems-gcc-gcc2.95.2newlib1.8.2-7.i386.rpm
     rpm -i rtems-base-gdb-4.18-4.i386.rpm
     rpm -i sparc-rtems-gdb-4.18-4.i386.rpm

Upon successful completion of the above command sequence, a C/C++ cross
development toolset targeting the SPARC is installed in /opt/rtems. In
order to use this toolset, the directory /opt/rtems/bin must be included
in your PATH.

To add a cross compiler to a 2nd CPU, do the above minus the rtems-base
packages.
Our RPMs are at ftp://ftp.oarcorp.com/pub/rtems/

There are RPMs in the 4.5 release and the snapshots tree.

--joel