intuitive IDE for gcc on linux ?

Hello there,

I was wondering if there is any intuitive integrated development environment
for cross-gcc.
My boss is still a bit reluctant to finally switch to the gnu toolset (from
our current 1990-braindead toolset).
He says it is still a command-line interface and knowing we are living in
2001, it's not a very inviting piece of software, when commercial
crosscompilers are all IDE driven. (my boss keeps on talking about Tasking
:)

So, help me out here, all you linux and/or GCC enthousiasts.
In general, what are all the good things about gcc I can tell? (i already
mention quite a few to my boss)
And, if anybody knows a good visual environment (like KDE IDE) which works
with crosscompilers, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!,
Jan Vermeulen