RE: Building a cross-compiler on host PC-cygwin for target m68k-coff.

  Don't worry about it; it's just a warning and in this case it is OK.

>Then comes "Testing libgcc1. Ignore linker warning messages".
>This is followed by a lot of seekways I think and ended with:
>./cpp.texi: No such file or directory
>make[1]: *** [cpp.info] Error 2
>make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2

  This is a known (but not much documented) problem with building Gcc under
cygwin.  The problem is to do with the version of texinfo that comes with
the gcc source archive, which isn't properly cygwin compatible.  To solve
the problem, you have to do two things:

 1)  In the gcc-2.95.3 source directory, rename or delete the texinfo
directory so it won't be found.  I generally rename it to 'old.texinfo'.

 2)  When you configure Gcc, you must add the option --with-included-gettext

  This will solve the problem.  Alternatively if you don't care to have the
.info documentation files (but I suggest this is a very bad idea) you could
just cd into the gcc-2.95.3/gcc directory and type

  touch cpp.info gcc.info

then return to your build directory and do your make command again; it will
carry on from where the error occurred, but you won't have any .info files
(and when you do make install, it will overwrite any .info file you used to
have with the empty version, so it isn't a proper solution).

      DaveK
--
 All your base are belong to the Israeli army!  Oh, now they aren't again!

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com