From: Steven Ball [mailto:ra094c@motorola.com]
Sent: vrijdag 18 mei 2001 0:25
To: crossgcc@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Cross Compiling Newbie... HPUX and Solaris question

Hi guys!  I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I'm finding
straight answers hard to find elsewhere :)

I want to compile a cross compiler on my i686-linux box to compile for
targets sparc-solaris and hppa-hpux.  I managed to get binutils to compile
for sparc-solaris, but not for hppa-hpux, and I haven't gotten gcc to
compile for either (hppa-hpux is not a valid target for gcc?)

Am I insane to think that I can make this happen, or am I merely overlooking
the obvious here?  Does anyone have any pointers to help me out?  I know
that GNU gcc and its buddies are available for both of the target machines I
am after...

I sincerely appreciate your help, and please accept my apologies if this is
the wrong place to post this.

---
Steven Ball
Motorola System Administrator