RE: EGCS support

  I'm afraid you seem to have been given the wrong advice, target and
host should not be the same thing.

  build  : the machine you are building the crosscompiler on.
     - in your case, your cygwin pc.

  host   : the machine the finished crosscompiler should run on.
     - still your cygwin pc.

  target : the machine which the finished crosscompiler should produce
           binaries for.
     - your m68k linux system.

  So if I've followed you right, you want host = build = i586-pc-cygwin,
because you want to build this compiler under cygwin, and you want it
to run under cygwin, but you want it to produce output for m68k-linux,
which is the target.  With target==host, you would get a compiler that
you could only run on your m68k-linux system, i.e. a native compiler that
you build by crosscompiling it on build.

        DaveK

--
*** RIP: Douglas Adams. So long, and thanks for all the books. ***

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com