RE: x86-linux -> x86-pc cross

  Aha.  Looking closely at the error, which takes place while building
libgcc for the target:

>_eh

  This is the module dealing with exception handling.

>In file included from gthr-default.h:1,
>                 from ../../gcc-2.95.2-6/gcc/gthr.h:98,
>                 from ../../gcc-2.95.2-6/gcc/libgcc2.c:3039:
>../../gcc-2.95.2-6/gcc/gthr-win32.h:67: windows.h: No such
>file or directory
>make[1]: *** [libgcc2.a] Error 1
>make[1]: Leaving directory
>`/usr/local/cross-compilers/cross-source/build-gcc/gcc'
>make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2

  Looking at the sequence of include files here, it's trying to find a
threads package for the target, and choosing a win32 threads package, which
presumably is the nearest thing it knows about.  Look at the gcc configure
command from your script:

>../gcc-${gcc_version}/configure --prefix=$prefix
>--target=$target --host=$host --build=$build \
>  --with-newlib --enable-languages=$languages \
>  --with-included-gettext --enable-shared --enable-threads

  You may want to change that --enable-threads option, presumably since
you're compiling for a naked board with no OS you'd want to use
--disable-threads.  You should probably also replace --enable-shared with
--disable-shared since you probably don't have a dynamic linker on your
target for loading libgcc.a at runtime....

        DaveK
--
we are not seats or eyeballs or end users or consumers.
we are human beings - and our reach exceeds your grasp.

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com