Optimized memcpy for powerpc

Hi,
Not sure if this is the way to submit a question but here goes:

I am building for an embedded powerpc setup running an MQX kernel built with
gcc 2.95.3

Everthing works OK however we have an older runtime that we put together
some time ago and
memcpy, memset etc are not optimized. I am cross compiling on a Linux Host
and wondered if I  can use the GCC "builtin" inlined memcpy on a PowerPC
platform. I believe the builtin memcpy is not part of glibc (we do not
include glibc) but was not usre if it can only be used with
Native GCC.

All the Best
Con O'Donnell