Re: DOS line endings

recode ibmpc..lat1 your_file

should do this job

--lpr

On Tue, 02 Oct 2001, Marc Schafer wrote:

> I used Bill Gatliffs script to build cross compilers hosted under cygwin
> for powerpc-eabi.  I am working with some other people who built their
> own.  I noticed that I have to use a perl script to strip DOS style
> CR-LF line endings from their files before I can compile them, but their
> version of the gcc crosscompiler works fine with the DOS style line
> endings.
>
> Somebody else built theirs for them and they don't know how to recreate
> it.  We are using the same Makefile so it isn't a command line switch to
> gcc.  Does anybody know how to build gcc so it can handle DOS style text
> files as input?
>
> thanks,
> marc
>

> ------
> Want more information?  See the CrossGCC FAQ, http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/

Lukas Ruf                        Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
Office: ETZ-G61.2                             Computer Engineering and
Phone: +41/1/632 7312                        Networks Laboratory (TIK)
Fax:   +41/1/632 1035                                      ETH Zentrum
PGP 2.6: ID D20BA2ED;                                    Gloriastr. 35
Fingerprint 6323 B9BC 9C8E 6563  B477 BADD FEA6 E6B7    CH-8092 Zurich