Re: Can't build gcc-3.0.1 for m68k-coff

On Wednesday 17 October 2001 11:18, David Korn wrote:
> [...]

Hello,
	This is not what I meant, you're right that would be impossible. I thought
that binutils, gcc, and newlib, could be built with the (for m68k-coff case)
m68k-unknown-coff. What I'm suggesting, is a listing of known working
combinations, with the hardware unknown. Then (of course) its up to the
engineer/developer to port newlib to their hardware.
	Is it normal to have a complete toolset (binutil, gcc, newlib) for each
board, even if they use the same cpu? We have one toolset, and change the
specs file for the appropriate linker script and library for our different
boards.

Thanks,
Larry Gray
larry@greenmotor.com