RE: Cross compile error question: i686 to powerpc--linux-gnu

  Yep, that's the one.  I know it doesn't fit the nominal cpu-mfr-arch
specification, it should be considered as one of the two-part variants -
m68k - coff, arm - elf, powerpc - linux-gnu - all of which have an implied
'unknown' for the middle part of the triplet.

  I also would expect it to choke sooner, but OTOH it could just as likely
have misunderstood you and stumbled on in an inconsistent manner.

  The rest of the problem (D'oh!!  I've only just noticed, I was so thrown
by you target triple) is probably caused by the fact that newlib doesn't
work with linux.  Use glibc instead.

       DaveK
--
Burn your ID card!  http://www.optional-identity.org.uk/
Help support the campaign, copy this into your .sig!

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com