Re: m68k-unknown-coff

Hi Larry, Hi Stefen,

I am very glad that you mentioned uClinux. My
intention is to port uClinux to another processor
platform, still unsupported and I need Motorola as my
comparison platform. I intend to use Motorola kernel
code since I find it most similar to my target
processor. Therefore, I need to build the kernel for
Motorola to ensure that I am familiar with my
comparison (or call it "source") platform before I
proceed with my target platform. All in all, I am not
interested in specific Motorola platform, only in
processor instructions.

So, this is my situation: I need Motorola M68k (68328)
simulator (I have something I downloaded from
Motorola, not very impresive) for Linux or
Windows/DOS. I intend to use cross compiler to compile
and build uClinux kernel for Motorola. After
successfull build and run/simulation, I intend to
repeat the procedure for my target processor with its
specific tolls (compiler, assembler, linker,
simulator). I don't expect to be successfull in the
first shot (that would be a symptom of a serious
error!! ;-) ) but I intend to follow that procedure
until the success.

Now, having this in mind, let me reformulate my
questions:

1. Can you approve/improve this procedure? Any comment
would be very helpfull.

2. What build/host platform (OS+tools) do you suggest
for Motorola? Linux sems to me as a natural choice.

3. What order of building tools can you suggest?

Thanks and regards,
NGC