RE: Newlib-1.9.0 doesn't build for PPC (target libsim.a)

Hi David, Hi all (again),

>   As Kai discovered earlier, powerpc-elf means SysV - a variety of desktop
> Unix workstation - not a bare board.  You *must* use powerpc-eabi for the
> embedded system you wish to use.  If I understand correctly (which is not
> sure!), powerpc-eabi will use libnosys nstead of libsim, and your problem
> should go away.

I hadn't understood Kai's earlier remark (and your remark on that one
neither, David --> I have to say that I didn't find config.gcc ?) (see my
former thread on this list for those entering right here).

After having looked into the EABI document (not understanding it all and
fully :-(  ), and after safely having switched target (restarting from
binutils, although binutils could eventually have been skipped ?), I still
encounter that same problem at the same point. What is this libsim
(simulation) library exactly doing, and is it necessary ?

Could I eventually safely take the fstat.o (and the other .o- files) and
copy it into the rs6000 library before letting "powerpc-eabi-ar" do it's job
with it ? I tried configure with an extra argument "--without-libsim", but
this doesn't seem to be solving the problem. Anyone any clue ?

Thank you,

Regards,

Philippe Bertin.