RE: gprof binutils

  Qui?  Moi?  <g>  Hi Ananda!

>Remember I build binutils for arm-elf target.
>I would like to know why the gprof firectory in binutils is
>not configured and build.

  Probably because it isn't supported for arm or for elf or maybe just for
the combination arm-elf - I expect there is a line in the output from the
configure command saying

"Not configuring in gprof - configuration arm-elf not supported"

or something similar to that.  Not all parts of the toolchain have been
ported to all possible systems, in particular things like profiling and
analysis, and that's what configure does with the parts that aren't
supported, it just issues a warning and skips over them.

  I'm afraid you might have to port it yourself or try and find
if someone else has made patches for it by a web search. :-(

       DaveK
--
Burn your ID card!  http://www.optional-identity.org.uk/
Help support the campaign, copy this into your .sig!

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com