Re: Newlib-1.9.0 doesn't build for PPC (target libsim.a)

David,

I agree that this VPATH=. is OK after all when building in the source
directory. And is fine too as VPATH=../newlib-1.9.0 when building from a
different directory (at an equal level as the source directory). But both
builds should work, and the one doesn't while the second one does work ...

I didn't do though, contrary to what you had supposed, a build and a
consecutive new configure without having done a make distclean (actually, I
erased everything before rebuilding again  ... overshoot ? maybe, but I feel
more comfortable that way, just to be sure :)

Thank you for your reaction,

Regards,

Philippe Bertin.

P.S. : this same problem is happening with powerpc-elf as well as with
powerpc-eabi as target ...