RE: mips-elf executables lack debug information

-----Original Message-----
From: David Phillips
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2001 6:43 PM
To: 'David Korn'
Subject: RE: mips-elf executables lack debug information

Getting the cross-compiler to generate DWARF2 debug output turned out to be
as easy as David Korn suggested.  I had to do these things:

1. I added #DEFINE DWARF2_DEBUGGING_INFO to gcc-3.0.2/gcc/config/mips/mips.h
2. I changed PREFERRED_DEBUGGING_TYPE from SDB_DEBUG to DWARF2_DEBUG in the
same file.
3. I configured gcc with the option --with-dwarf2

The third step was necessary to cause -g to generate dwarf2 output by
default. Otherwise gcc has to be invoked with -gdwarf-2 in order to produce
dwarf2 debugging information.

Thanks to all responders for your help.

David