RE: Linker_Script for i386

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Manoj Verma [mailto:manojv@noida.hcltech.com]
>Sent: 06 January 2002 14:33
>To: crossgcc@sources.redhat.com; crossgcc@sourceware.cygnus.com

 [Manoj, the two crossgcc lists are the same, you only need to send to
one of those addresses: the redhat address is more up-to-date than the
cygnus one.]

>QUERY:
>My question is how should I specify a different start address than the
>default one(__image_base__ + __section_alignment__).
>and different value of ALIGN(xxx).

  I know almost nothing about linker scripts, but have you looked at adding
an AT command to your section header as described in the manual ?  It worked
for a colleague of mine who wanted to set the load address of a section:

  http://sources.redhat.com/binutils/docs-2.10/ld_3.html#SEC33

         DaveK
--
Burn your ID card!  http://www.optional-identity.org.uk/
Help support the campaign, copy this into your .sig!

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com