RE: defining memory addresses

  Well, just a little :)  I'd say that the way to use that would be to
declare it as a separate memory block, and only put a special data
section in there... I see Wolfgang has just given you the same advice
in his reply: use a section and the __attribute__((section ("iram")))
gcc option, then in your MEMORY directive, as well as the ram and rom
regions, you define a third for the internal ram, and in the SECTIONS
directive you need to say

SECTIONS {

  . .... other bits ...

  .iram : {
        *.<sectionname>
      } > <regionname>

  . .... other bits ...

}
       DaveK
--
Burn your ID card!  http://www.optional-identity.org.uk/
Help support the campaign, copy this into your .sig!

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com