RE: SH3 G++ Problems/sh-wince-pe

>  Generally the gcc-3.0.x is quite unstable. While I got the
> gcc-3.0.2 built for 'arm-elf', the 'gcc-3.0.3' crashed when trying to

I managed a build for arm-wince-pe with some patches. Exceptions work.

> The 'sh-wince-pe' isn't supported even in the current
> gcc-3.1' snapshots

I see. That's why I try to make it work...

> If you installed patches for gcc-2.9 into the gcc-3.0
> sources, it is quite
> possible that they will cause the problems... This is like
> installing 'almost
> fitting parts' from a 1999-car model into a 2002-car model
> and then not
> expecting them to cause the problems seen... It may be so,
> but suspecting
> also them is motivated...

I did not install any patches but made the changes myself.

>  But the WinCE-target is very Windows-like with all kind of
> '__stdcall' etc weirdnesses.

Yes, the calling convention is different for dlls, but I made it
work with some assembler tricks in dlltool. It works with gcc
and simple c++. Only problem still is returnvalues > 32 bits.
This would mean that math functions from ms dlls cannot be used,
but that should be no problem.

> The "simple exception code and other libstdc++
> stuff when executing
> on target" sounds more than weird when we are discussing
> about a target which is
> totally unsupported in the official GCC sources... I would be
> surprised if anything
> would run ok "on target"... I would also claim that there are

Yes, simple gcc/g++ apps run - after spending some hours on changes.

I suspect a problem with typeinfo. Problem is that I have to debug
with a self-made debugger, but I think I will finally solve the issues
with exceptions and stdlib... And get gdb and stub running...