Re: Multilibs for arm-elf crossgcc (Part II)

> Hi
>
> compiling gcc allready succeded but without interworking libs. (only arm and
> thumb libs)
> So building newlib wouldn't be a problem.
>
> But doing this way i couldn't get newlib to build interworking libs.
>
> So i tried to link the newlib source tree in gcc source tree.
> I had some postings on newlib mailinglist and were told to do so. They told
> me that makeing multilibs from newlibs is done under control of gcc.

As long as you are using the compiler you've just installed, multilib-ed
newlib should work just fine.  At least, that has been my experience.

Here's the script that I use (note that for me newlib is part of a
combined binutils/newlib/gdb tree).

The only anomaly I've seen is that the newlib must not be installed before
you build the compiler for the first time.

#! /bin/sh -e

src=/home/rearnsha/gnusrc
build=/work/rearnsha/gnu
install=/home/rearnsha/gnu/install

DEJAGNU=${src}/gnuscripts/site.exp
export DEJAGNU
# Set up a basic path
PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/local/gnu/bin:/usr/local/bin
export PATH

# Finally, add the place where we install the tools
# (needed to get gas/ar/ld etc)
PATH=${install}/bin:$PATH
export PATH

cd $build
mkdir utils || true
mkdir gcc ||true

# Now configure utils; build and install those bits that don't need the
# compiler.
cd utils
${src}/utils/configure --prefix=${install} --target=arm-elf
gnumake all-binutils all-ld all-gas all-expect all-dejagnu all-sim all-gdb
gnumake install-binutils install-ld install-gas install-expect
install-dejagnu install-sim install-gdb

# Configure and build and install the compiler
cd ../gcc
${src}/gcc/configure --prefix=${install} --target=arm-elf
--with-headers=${src}/utils/newlib/libc/include --enable-languages=c,c++,ob
jc,f77
gnumake all-gcc
gnumake install-gcc

# Now go back and build newlib
cd ../utils
gnumake all-target-newlib
gnumake install-target-newlib

# and finally, build the remaining target libraries
cd ../gcc
gnumake all
gnumake install