Re: cross compiler sparc m68k

>  Peter, I am right in thinking that it fails when building the *target*
>version of libiberty, yes?  From one of your earlier posts:

Yes, it does fail trying to build target-libiberty.  I've waded
through the configures, etc, and I can't make much sense out of what
its doing.

>  IIRC, libstdc++ doesn't actually use this libiberty; it's just provided
>as a convenience (hah!)  Have you tried just cd'ing into the target
>libiberty directory
>
>/home/pbarada/work/cvs-wavemark/cross-linux-tools/obj-crap-g++-2.95.3/m68k-e
>lf/build-gcc/m68k-elf/libiberty
>
>and doing "touch makefile; touch libiberty.a" ?  You might need to make a
>few subdirs under there and make dummy libiberty.a in those as well to
>recreate the effects of multilibbing, if that's relevant, but then if the
>libstdc++ doesn't actually link with libiberty, the build should complete.

I knew that target-libiberty isn't actually needed, but what has me
more puzzled is why is it being configured abd built in the first
place...

I'm currently trying out WOlfgang's idea of adding '--with-newlib' to
the configure.  If that fails(which I'll report either way), I'll move
on to trying to hacking in a null libiberty.a as you suggest.

I'd have kinda thought that someone would have stumbled across this in
the past, or perhaps all the 68k programmers are sticking with c
instead of c++ :-)

--
Peter Barada                                   Peter.Barada@motorola.com
Wizard                                         781-852-2768 (direct)