RE: Installing GNU Packages on Sun

  I did this a couple of years ago; specifically, I built make 3.79 on
Solaris.  I no longer have access to the machine, but it worked ok for me;
I don't remember having to do any radical surgery on the source.

  I don't understand why you're using the target "install-exec".  Why
aren't you doing a "make install" ?  Have you tried it but just chosen
not to show us ?

  In any case, I suspect your problems will vanish if you do the "make
install" while logged in as root.  It's almost certainly a perms problem.
Or you might be able to set --prefix= to somewhere that whatever user you
are logged in as has full access.

       DaveK
--
Burn your ID card!  http://www.optional-identity.org.uk/
Help support the campaign, copy this into your .sig!

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com