Configure error for Xastir

Here's one I had to chuckle about, 'cuz I hadn't seen a problem like
this before.  Someone on this list must have seen this before.
Xastir is a mapping/GPS/amateur radio program that is a normal X11
app hosted on SourceForge.  I'm one of the developers and would like
to help get this guy running again.

> I just grabbed the CVS Xastir (15 Feb 00:35 CST) and ran ./configure...
> Somehow ./configure thinks my gcc is set up for cross compiling. It's
> not and has never been.

> here is the relavent output:
> ------------------------------
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... yes
> checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... yes
> checking whether we are using GNU C... yes
> checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
> checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
> checking whether ln -s works... yes
> checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
> checking for bison... bison -y
> checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
> checking for main in -lm... yes
> checking for socket... yes
> checking for strdup... yes
> checking for strstr... yes
> checking for atexit... no
> checking for getaddrinfo... yes
> checking for snprintf... yes
> checking for vsnprintf... yes
> checking for inet_addr... yes
> checking whether getpgrp takes no argument... configure: error: cannot
> check getpgrp if cross compiling
> -------------------------------

> This is on a RedHat 7.1 system with 2.4.13 kernel.

> I just checked with the 1.1.0 xastir directory I had saved before. I get
> the same problem, so it must be with me.

> The only thing I can think of that may have caused this is the
> installation of Grass5 (GIS software, http://www.baylor.edu/grass)

> Can anyone help me make my gcc not a cross compiler?

Any ideas?  It seems improbable to me that GRASS5 would have caused
this problem.

Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*SPAM@tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin