Customised Cross Compiler

Hi!

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your reply.

Now, I have a simple RISC processor design with customised assembly
language. I would like to make use of GCC to compile and generate assembly
code for the processor. How can one incorporate the '.md' and '.h' files
written to describe the processor into the GCC packages? Do I have to pay
GNU to incorporate into the GCC packages and any hints on how to do that?

Please advise. Thank you sincerely.

With best regards,
Julia.

>From: "William A. Gatliff" <bgat@billgatliff.com>
>To: julia koh <kohjulia@hotmail.com>
>CC: crossgcc@sources.redhat.com
>Subject: Re: Customised Cross Compiler
>Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 20:47:07 -0500
>
>Julia:
>

>Um, what "processor" are you using?  What are your build, host and
>target systems?  Gcc and family build clean for me on solaris hosts,
>and others here have built cross compilers hosted on Linux and
>targeting Solaris.  Check the mailing list archives.
>
>If what you are doing is sane, and you have working packages, I'm
>pretty sure nobody is going to demand money from you to roll them into
>the next gcc release.  :^)
>
>You may try backing down to binutils-2.11.2 or even 2.10.x.  The
>really latest stuff works best with gcc-3.x, and sometimes gives fits
>with gcc-2.95.x.  Or so I've heard--- I actually get pretty decent
>results from them, but I don't often target or host using solaris.
>

>HTH,
>

>b.g.
>

>On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 09:28:39AM +0800, julia koh wrote:
> > Dear Sir / Madam,
> >
> > I have been trying to install the Cross Compiler available on the GNU
> > website. However, there were some problems encountered.
> >

> > I have been trying to build a customised cross compiler
> > (sparc-sun-solaris2.7) using the GCC packages by modifying the files
> > 'sparc-opc.c' from binutils-2.12 and 'sparc.md' from gcc-2.95.2 to
>describe
> > the processor. Yet, there were errors occurring during installation. May
> > know what else I have to modify to enable a successful installation?
> >
> > Also, do I have to pay GCC a sum of money in order to incoporate our
>machine
> > descriptions into GCC packages? If not, I would like to know how I can
> > configure the installation to use this customised file.
> >
> > Please advise on the above. Thank you very much.
> >
> > With best regards,
> >
> > Julia Koh
> >

> > Julia

>--