RE: i686 -> powerpc gcc 2.95.3 trouble

> Since your kernel appears to work, could it be a broken glibc?
>
> b.g.

Hard to say.  On the target system, I was using the glibc
that came with the "working gcc", not the glibc that I built
(and not the one my app was compiled against).  That can't
be exactly right.

Tried statically linking with my glibc... got "Illegal instruction"
_immediately_.  Well, is my glibc bad? yes, I guess so.
But why?  because my compiler is bad?  Or some other reason.

Also tried running my program dynamically linked but invoking
my new glibc ld.so.1 directly.   Also gets "illegal instruction"
immeidately.  Running ld.so.1 with no arguments ececutes enough
to print out a help message and exit though.

In my user app using the old glibc, I get the "illegal instruction"
during a function call from one function to another in the same .c
file, which seems unlikely to be the result of a glibc problem,
(though possible).  Using the new glibc, I get illegal instruction
in glibc (or ld.so.1, perhaps) but this could be a symptom of the
same compiler problem that causes the illegal instruction in my
user app.

-- steve