Re: wiggler and motorola 603e powerpc

On Friday 30 August 2002 10:54, mohammad Mahbubur rahman wrote:
> Hello,
> I use wiggler and motorola 603e powerpc eximer board.
> I want to debug some c code in windows platform using
> gdb. I give the command "powerpc-elf-gdb
> --command=gdb_init" in the cygwin and get
> the gdb for powerpc. But when i try to run a .elf file
> then it gives the following message.
>
> Error: ocd_do_command(0x22):could not establish
> connection to remote target.Unknown fault.
> Fail to connect OCD.

Try the following:

1. Make sure that your target board has been reset/repowered each time you try
to connect.
2. type 'powerpc-elf-gdb -nw nx' from cygwin prompt

the -nw disables window mode (should run from prompt rather than in a new
window)

the -nx makes gdb ignore the gdbinit file.

Now try and connect to the wiggler step by step:

3. type 'ocd speed 4' [ENTER]

Often the JTAG speed is to fast to make a good connection. 4 is a medium
speed. 8 is slowest.

(note - I am not sure if this option is available to the Wiggler - I use a
Raven - by try anyhow.)

4. type 'target ocd wiggler 0' [ENTER]

This should connect you to the wiggler - you will get a "welcome message" from
Macraigor. The 0 is for com 1 if you are using com 2, replace the 0 with 1
.... etc.

5. If the above succeeds, type 'load <filename>' [ENTER] where <filename> is
the program image (located in the current working directory)

the program should now be loaded and you can make it execute by presing 'c'
... if you get a "target stuck in reset" message, then quit gdb,
reset/repower the board and try again. (remember -nw -nx)

If you can get the above steps working then you can automate it by putting the
commands in teh gdbinit file.

Once again I would like to point out that I have personally not worket with a
Wiggler - nor have I used gdb under windows - so there may well be other
issues that a complicating matters.....

Regards
Simon