Re: Need Fortran Cross-Compiler Solaris->m68020

Rod <rod@tolosa.com> wrote:

> Does any know where I can find a Fortran Cross-compiler that runs
> on Sun Solaris and creates m68020 code?

 There is nothing which meets these specifications: runs on any
Solaris (Sparc/Solaris1.x - Sparc/Solaris9, all x86/Solaris2s)
and produces code for any m68020-based target... So much more
precise specifications should be given before anyone can say
anything about the possibilities.

> I've tried building the C/C++ compilers, then cross-compilers, with
> trouble, and never made it to the Fortran cross-compiler.

 Funny, I had no problems at all with producing a 'sparc-solaris2.7'
hosted and embedded 'm68k-elf' targeted cross-G77 (among the normal
C and C++ stuff) on my RedHat 7.1 build host (trying this just for a
fun...)

> If anyone has any clue on where an existing cross-compiler might be,
> or hints on how to build it, or where to find someone who can, I
> would really appreciate it.

 First you must tell what on earth you want, what is the 'Solaris'
host and what is the 'm68020' target... Ok, the Sparc and x86
versions of 'Solaris7' are possible hosts for me, and the 'free'
targets like 'm68k-coff/elf' and 'm68k-linux-gnu' are now possible
targets, although the 'm68k-netbsd1.5' etc. can easily be added...

Cheers, Kai