Re: Linker not able to locate std libraries

Michael:

> Why is this happening & that to it happens only when I split the build
> process into compile & link with 2 separate commands?

It's because gcc passes lots of additional arguments to the linker,
including where to find script files and runtime libraries.  If you
invoke the linker yourself, you have to provide that additional
information.

Instead of invoking ld in the second step, invoke gcc again:

# mipsisa32-elf-gcc -o hello.exe hello.o goodbye.o ...

Gcc will see that you're sending it object files, and will forward
them to the linker in the usual manner.

The other upside of this approach is that you won't have a bunch of
installation-specific information in your build scripts for telling
the linker where you've installed libc, etc.

HTH,

b.g.
--
Bill Gatliff
I'm an embedded GNU developer first, GNU instructor second.