Re: Wiki useful?

William A. Gatliff wrote:
On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 08:10:40PM -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:

I generally hate Wikis.  They are never as good as a
hand-coded page.
Sure, and I'd probably agree.  But if you're waiting around for me to
hand-code an HTML page, that's what you'll be doing--- waiting.  :^)
I'm not waiting.  That's why I write things like
http://www.kegel.com/xgcc3/

Ok, so it ain't perdy, but I like to think my wiki ...
> is a pretty useful data dump anyway...

It's not whether it's pretty or not.  I hate 'em because they're
hard to edit, and hard to reorganize when they get messy, and
I've seldom gotten any use out of them.  For instance,
hardly any Google searches I do ever find good stuff on
wiki pages.

Someone recently suggested the Wiki is a good place to collect
stuff for a human to later faq-ify in batch mode.  That may be.
- Dan