Re: Building m68k-coff-gcc

Sure. /usr/local/bin is in my PATH.
prefix is not explicitely given, so it defaults to /usr/local, also.
target is configured in the Makefile, its 'm68k-coff'.
From the Makefile snip within my last mail, you may see the configure options, like

../${BINUTILS_SOURCE_PATH}/configure --host=${HOST} --target=${TARGET} \
--program-prefix=${PROGRAM_PREFIX} --program-suffix=${BINUTILS_SUFFIX}

for the binutils target. The Make variables are set a few lines above.

In the meantime, I got that stuff running: I provided a couple of sym-links, and the bootstrap stage exits with success.
I'm using a '--prefix=/opt/' now, to keep control over its output - /opt/bin is in the path :-) - and the compiler works.

For the moment, further toolchain items are not THAT important, I'm going to make weekend. Thus, thanks for your assistance.

Michael

William A. Gatliff wrote:

Michael:

   _mulsi3
   /bin/sh: m68k-coff-ar-2.95.3: command not found

Hmmm.

Is your ${PREFIX}/bin directory in your PATH?

What did you specify for --target, --prefix, and so forth during
configure?  This looks like a combination of errors...

b.g.