Re: GNU/Cross Tools RPMs available

Dan Kegel wrote:

> Brian LaPonsey wrote:
> > I see you have binutils and gdb for mcore-elf, but not an mcore-elf-gcc.  I
> > have written a build script that builds all the tools and runs the test
> > suite on the FSF's "plain vanilla" gcc source tree, and I have found that
> > gcc-3.0.4 has far fewer unexpected failures than gcc-3.2.1 for the mcore-elf
> > target (147 vs. 241).  In contrast, the test results for powerpc-eabi are
> > something like 19 unexpected failures.  The test suite is run with the
> > simulator as a target.
>
> Kudos for getting that far with gcc-3.2.1 and the test suite.
> I'm still trying to get off my duff and run it here against 3.0.4 to
> get a baseline.  I hadn't thought of running it against the simulator;
> does the simulator support ppc403/ppc405 and ppc750?  That might come in handy here.

AFAIK psim is a 603-ish CPU.  It might have an option to disable
the floating point to be more like the 40x CPUs but I am sure
it doesn't have 40x style peripheral simulators.

> It might be helpful if you posted a list of the regressions
> between gcc-3.0.4 and gcc-3.2.1.  Montavista Linux 3.0 uses
> a gcc-3.2.x compiler, it'd be interesting to see if they
> have resolved some of those.

If they have, it might be worth it to make sure the verify the
patches and if small enough submit them to gcc.  If they are larger,
we will have to verify FSF copyright paperwork as part of
submitting them.  If we get that far, I can help with the paperwork
part.